* For people who want to know the basics of brewing and beer. Home Brewers, developing craft brewers, sales reps.
* Consists of 15 knowledge units and 1 on-line assessment.
* Takes approx. 15 learning hours to complete.
* Cost €80.
At the end of the programme candidates should;
1. Demonstrate that they have a broad appreciation of all the key aspects of the modern brewing industry.
2. Be able to taste and distinguish different beer flavours and have a general appreciation of where they are derived from in the brewing process.
The programme consists of 15 Lessons/Units. To see the lesson topics, go to the curriculum tab and click on ‘lessons‘.
Training Methods, Duration & Assessment
All materials are available on-line (including free material to download) for a 3 month period after registration. A multi-choice test is taken on-line when the programme is completed by the candidate and this needs to be within the 3 month period. An honours mark of >60% is required on the test to gain certification. The candidate has 5 chances to repeat the test if the required pass mark is not achieved first time.
Approximately 15 standard learning hours required (10hrs – 14hrs understanding learning materials plus 1 hour assessment).
On successful completion of the programme, candidates are awarded the Beer Appreciation Certificate from the Hibernian Brewing School.
To take the course
- Take 1 min to Register – here you input your login details for the site and so create an account. The Register icon is at the bottom of the home page (or you will also see the register option if you click on the green ‘take this course’ button opposite).
- Within minutes you will be sent an email with a link – click on the link to activate your account – it also takes you back to the website. Note – If for example the link was emailed to you on a phone, you may have a preference to log onto the website from another device (ie. laptop).
- Click on the Take this course button, follow the instructions for payment and on course completion, get certified.
No Reviews found for this course.