* This is a Foundation programme for aspiring Baristas.
* Consists of 22 Lessons and 2 on-line tests.
* Takes Approx 30 learning hours to complete.
* Cost €40.
The Award in Retail Service (Barista) is an ideal foundation programme for aspiring Baristas. It incorporates a number of lessons and short videos with assessment at the end.
1.Coffee enthusiasts or aspiring Baristas who are keen to get a solid understanding behind Coffee and Barista Operations.
2.People from other craft areas (ie. craft brewers etc) who may want a wider perspective and may be interested in incorporating ideas into their own areas.
The programme consists of 23 short Unit Lessons broken into 3 areas (Coffee from Tree to Café, Barista Work Station & Barista Operations in the Cafe). To see the lesson topics, go to the curriculum tab and click on ‘lessons‘.
Training & Assessment
The programme takes approx. 15 Learning Hours (ie. approx. 30mins per unit plus 1 hour assessment) and all materials are available on line for a 3 month period after registration. The assessment consists of 2 Multi-choice tests of 30 mins duration and 25 questions per test. An honours mark of 60% is required and you have 5 chances to retake the tests if you do not achieve this mark first time around.
To take the course
- Click on the ‘take this course’ button which takes you to a new screen.
- Follow the instructions to ‘sign up’/register by clicking on top RHS – you will be asked to enter a username and password for future login.
- You will be sent an email for verification purposes and after verification you can use the username and password to login and start the course.
- Your activity will be tracked to the username. Please use your lowercase name as username ie. tomjones.
|Unit 000 Coffee Overview||00:00:00|
|The 100 Series Coffee from Tree to Cafe|
|Unit 101 Coffee History||00:00:00|
|Unit 102 Coffee Varietals||00:00:00|
|Unit 103 Place and Flavour||00:00:00|
|Unit 104 Picking and Flavour||00:00:00|
|Unit 105 Processing and Flavour||00:00:00|
|Unit 106 Roasting and Flavour||00:00:00|
|Unit 107 Coffee Beans in the Cafe||00:00:00|
|The 200 Series Barista Work Station|
|Unit 201 Barista Work Station||00:00:00|
|Unit 202 Coffee Grinders||00:00:00|
|Unit 203 Espresso Machines||00:00:00|
|The 300 Series Barista Operations|
|Unit 301 Espresso Preparation||00:00:00|
|Unit 302 Milk Steaming||00:00:00|
|Unit 303 Barista Workflow||00:00:00|
|Unit 304 Cortado Macchiatto||00:00:00|
|Unit 305 Cappuccino||00:00:00|
|Unit 306 Latte||00:00:00|
|Unit 307 Mocha||00:00:00|
|Unit 308 Americano||00:00:00|
|Unit 309 Other Coffee Based Drinks||00:00:00|
|Unit 310 Latte Art||00:00:00|
|Unit 311 Manual Coffee Brewing||00:00:00|
|Unit 312 Cleaning and Maintenance||00:00:00|
|Barista Test 1||00:30:00|
|Barista Test 2||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.