* For candidates who want a very good foundation in Packaging across the drinks industry and is ideal preparation for the IBD Certificate in Packaging.
* Consists of 23 Lessons, workbook materials and opportunity to do numerous mock tests for IBD preparation.
* Takes Approx 30 learning hours to complete.
* Cost €80.
This programme is built around the learning outcomes for the IBD (Institute of Brewing & Distilling) Certificate in Packaging and but also gives a very good knowledge foundation around the packaging of various different types of beverages. The aim is to prepare candidates as well as possible for the IBD exam and give all candidates a good foundation on beverage packaging.
Candidates who want a good foundation in beverage packaging and those preparing for the IBD Certificate in Packaging.
How we prepare Candidates
- Lessons are as jargon free as possible and set out in an easy to understand manner.
- Useful video clips are incorporated for illustration.
- Workbooks in pdf format are made available for download.
- Multi-choice tests are made available drawing on a bank of more than 200 questions and candidates have the opportunity to check and see what the correct answers are. Repeating these tests a number of times is an excellent way to reinforce learnings.
- A forum is available so candidates can put up queries and our Lead tutor for packaging (Dr Dan Donnelly) will reply as quickly as possible.
The programme consists of 23 Lessons – to see the lesson topics, go to the curriculum tab and click on ‘lessons‘
Training Methods, Duration & Assessment
All materials are available on-line for a 3 month period after registration. Certification is based on successful completion of 2 x 20min multi-choice tests on-line – 60% is the pass mark for the tests. The candidate can repeat the test up to 10 times. Questions are randomized and taken from a large bank of questions so a different test comes up each time.
Approximately 30 standard learning hours required (25hrs – 28hrs understanding learning materials plus 1 hour assessment).
To take the course
- Click on the ‘take this course’ button which takes you to a new screen.
- Follow the instructions to ‘sign up’/register by clicking on top RHS – you will be asked to enter a username and password for future login.
- You will be sent an email for verification purposes and after verification you can use the username and password to login and start the course.
- Your activity will be tracked to the username. Please use your lowercase name as username ie. tomjones.
|Unit 01 Beer Packaging Overview||00:00:00|
|Unit 02 Bright Beer Production||00:00:00|
|Unit 03 Pasteurization and Sterile Filtration||00:00:00|
|Unit 04 Kegs and Keg Package||00:00:00|
|Unit 05 Can and Can Packaging||00:00:00|
|Unit 06 Non Returnable Bottles and Packaging||00:00:00|
|Unit 07 The Canning Line||00:00:00|
|Unit 08 Non Returnable Bottle Line||00:00:00|
|Unit 09 Returnable Bottle Line||00:00:00|
|Unit 10 Keg Plant Overview||00:00:00|
|Unit 11 Keg Machines and Operations||00:00:00|
|Unit 12 Machine Container Inspectors||00:00:00|
|Unit 13 Preparations for Packaging||00:00:00|
|Unit 14 Assessment of Packaging Performance||00:00:00|
|Unit 15 Packaging Plant Maintenance||00:00:00|
|Unit 16 Warehousing||00:00:00|
|Unit 17 Control of Beer Quality||00:00:00|
|Unit 18 Health Safety and Environment||00:00:00|
|Unit 19 CIP Systems and Cleaning||00:00:00|
|Unit 20 Utilities Water and Process Gas||00:00:00|
|Unit 21 Beer Microbiology||00:00:00|
|Unit 22 Beer Tasting and Quality||00:00:00|
|Unit 23 Knowing the Beer Flavours||00:00:00|
|IBD Packaging Workbooks||00:00:00|
|Test 1 for Certificate in Beverage Packaging||00:20:00|
|Test 2 for Certificate in Beverage Packaging||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.