* For candidates who want a very good foundation in brewing theory. It is ideal preparation for the IBD Certificate in Brewing.
* Consists of 23 Lessons, workbook materials and opportunity to do numerous mock tests for IBD preparation.
* Takes Approx 30 learning hours to complete.
* Cost €80.
This programme is built around the learning outcomes for the IBD (Institute of Brewing & Distilling) Certificate in Brewing. The aim is to prepare candidates as well as possible for this exam.
Candidates who want a good understanding of brewing theory and those preparing for the IBD Certificate in Brewing.
How we prepare Candidates
- Lessons are as jargon free as possible and set out in an easy to understand manner.
- Useful video clips are incorporated for illustration.
- Workbooks in pdf format are made available for download.
- Multi-choice tests are made available drawing on a bank of more than 200 questions and candidates have the opportunity to check and see what the correct answers are. Repeating these tests a number of times is an excellent way to reinforce learnings.
- A forum is available so candidates can put up queries and our Lead tutor for packaging (Dr Dan Donnelly) will reply as quickly as possible.
The programme consists of 14 Lessons – to see the lesson topics, go to the curriculum tab and click on ‘lessons‘
Training Methods, Duration & Assessment
All materials are available on-line for a 3 month period after registration. Certification is achieved on successful completion of 3 x 20min multi-choice tests taken on-line – 60% is set as the pass mark for the tests. The candidate can repeat the tests up to 10 times. Questions are randomized and taken from a large bank of questions so a different test comes up each time. On successful completion of tests candidates will gain a certificate from the Hibernian Brewing School.
Approximately 30 standard learning hours required (25hrs – 28hrs understanding learning materials plus 1 hour assessment).
|Unit 01 IBDB Beer Tasting and Quality||00:00:00|
|Unit 02 IBDB Knowing the Flavours||00:00:00|
|Unit 03 IBDB Water and Malt||00:00:00|
|Unit 04 IBDB Hops and Yeast||00:00:00|
|Unit 05 IBDB Beer Ingredients Summary||00:00:00|
|Unit 06 IBDB Brewing Beer||00:00:00|
|Unit 07 IBDB Brewhouse Videos||00:00:00|
|Unit 08 IBDB Health Safety and Environment||00:00:00|
|Unit 09 IBDB Control of Beer Quality||00:00:00|
|Unit 10 IBDB Beer Microbiology||00:00:00|
|Unit 11 IBDB Hygiene Food Safety Allergens||00:00:00|
|Unit 12 IBDB CIP Systems and Cleaning||00:00:00|
|Unit 13 IBDB Plant Maintenance||00:00:00|
|Unit 14 IBDB Utilities Water and Process Gasses||00:00:00|
|IBD Brewing Workbooks||00:00:00|
|Test 1 Certificate in Brewing Theory||00:20:00|
|Test 2 Certificate in Brewing Theory||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.