* For Small Batch Craft Brewers who need to develop all the knowledge and skills to ‘brew like a pro’.
* Consists of research, knowledge and practical elements.
* Can be completed within a 1 year duration.
* Cost €740
Qualify as a Hibernian Master Brewer
Knowledge needs to be demonstrated as follows;
– 3 Assignments need to be successfully completed (A. Sensory & Flavour, B. Product positioning/Margins/Marketing & Sales, C. Brewery Design/Capacity Modelling/Capital).
Some research is required and some useful information is also available from the Hibernian Brewing School. Hibernian Brewing School guidelines and templates are also available for the assignments.
– Sufficiently experienced in the 3 core brewing areas (Brew, Fermentation/Condition, Package) and signed off as competent for a specific checklist of items.
– Successfully completed 1 innovation, improvement or problem solving project and submitted a report to the required standard.
– Complete 2 technical visits to any of the following; a brewery, a brewpub, a maltings, trade quality visit with technician, logistics & planning division, sales/commercial division, marketing/branding division. Submit 2 reports to the required standard.
Hibernian Brewing School guidelines and templates are available for all the above. The candidate is required to submit a Master Brewer ‘portfolio of evidence’.
Candidates are required to have completed the Hibernian Associate Brewer programme.
Assessment & Certification
The following needs to be submitted for assessment and verification;
1. Successful completion of Hibernian Associate Brewer programme.
2. The Master Brewer portfolio of evidence as described above.
3. Successful Skype interview with the Hibernian Brewer tutor.
Note; This programme is certified by the Hibernian Brewing School and also incorporates the Certificate in Brewing Industry Skills from FDQ (Food & Drinks Qualifications) which is aligned to Level 4 on the Irish Framework for qualifications (and Level 3 on the European Framework). http://www.fdq.org.uk/our-qualifications/processing-and-supply/brewing/
Programme Duration, Support & Completion
It is estimated that approx. 100 learning hours are required for the knowledge elements.
Overall the programme could reasonably be completed over a 1 year timeframe.
Guidance will be given all through the programme as appropriate.
No Reviews found for this course.