Gain in-depth Brewing Knowledge & Brewing Capability
This programme is about putting into practice (through practical brewing) all the knowledge gained during the associate programme which will further enhance brewing knowledge. Through formal zoom sessions and informal e-mail communications with our technical brewers, we will show you how to put good systems in place for your artisan brewing. We will also hold good technical brewing discussions with you.
Requirement to have Associate Brewer Credential before starting
You will have 6 months to complete the programme.
You will need to demonstrate completion of brewing and packaging of beer batches for 2 recipes specified by Hibernian Brewing School (recordings of specific elements is required as evidence). Brew analysis in accordance with the specified recipes will need to be demonstrated. The flavors of the resultant beer will need to be profiled on the HBS flavor map. You will also need to complete an assignment demonstrating the capability to problem solve and troubleshot effectively.
A verifiable secure digital credential confirms you have achieved the award. You can use this on linked on or with a digital resumé / CV
Zoom Session 1 (Initial Planning Meeting)
- Overview of programme and assessment criteria.
- Review of brewing equipment.
- Overview of proposed system for brewing.
- Review of brew recipe requirements, process parameters, batch size required, records to be completed etc.
Zoom Session 2 (After completion of Brew 1)
- Review all aspects of Brew 1 Vs plan.
- Review results.
- Discuss various aspects as appropriate.
- Plan requirements for Brew 2.
- Review assignment requirements (ie. troubleshooting & flavor emphasis).
Zoom Session 3 (After completion of Brew 2 & assignments)
- Review and discussion around various aspects of Brew 2.
- Review of assignment.
- Action plan for close out of evidence requirements for qualification.
In between zoom sessions, informal communication via e-mail will also take place as required between candidate and Hibernian technical brewers.